Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Day in the Life.....and May Stats

The past few days have been a whirlwind of busyness!

Yesterday I spent the morning at a Seminar put on by some of the top producers in KW/Cambridge from Re/Max Twin City. 4 panelists sharing their secrets as to how they make their millions..... you know....hire an assistant, plaster your face on buses, drop flyers in 20,000 homes every month....wow! I learned a few things.....A. you need money to make money! lol. Marketing oneself to death is expensive! And B. it's just not me. Only one of the 4 panelists works with the style that I do. Most of his business comes from referrals and repeat business...he doesn't advertise himself at all.... That's more my style. Sorry folks...you won't be seeing my face plastered on highway billboards, but you will get great customer service and you will want to tell your friends about me. Promise! :)

Last night I received an offer on my newest listing. Thought we were pretty far apart to start with but we were able to bring them up and in the end I think got a pretty good price in a very short amount of time (1 week!).

Today we had a breakfast meeting for our office. Our broker at Re/Max Twin City treats us to breakfast months that we break last years record for the same month. With the economy the way it has been let's just say there haven't been too many breakfasts as of late! But last month in KW sales were up almost 10% from last May and the average price of a home in KW was up .3% from last May. KW is definitely holding it's own in this economy! And Re/Max Twin City was leading the way, breaking our record last year as well.

I also had the privilege of checking out the Agent Open house at the new condo units at 144 Park Street. A beautiful project of high end condos close to the border of Kitchener/Waterloo (near the hospital).

This afternoon I spent at a meeting with the University Downs Neighbourhood Association Park Renovation committee (boy that's a mouthful!) and reps from the city of Waterloo. Just wrapping up loose ends before Saturday when we do our big park build! Can't wait! It's been our dream to get a new playground in on Auburn Drive. We've raised the money and together with the city organized our big build for this Saturday along with our 2nd Annual Party in the Park. Should be a good time....realizing our dream!

Then it was off to the school to be a good mom and check out my kidlets at Track and Field day! They were good and tired tonight!! :)

Then back to the office, off to get signatures on an offer, dropping off the offer, back to the office to finish up the last of the condo listings, then off to Cambridge to meet my partners and the developer of the Grand Condominiums (http://www.thegrandlofts.ca/about.html) to have him sign the listings, ready for MLS tomorrow. Still some prep work to do on marketing, pics, and virtual tour before the Agent open house, but things are coming along nicely and I'm looking forward to selling some of these great lofts!

Back home in time to put my munchkins to bed. Phew. Thankfully not every day is quite so jam packed! :) Now I'm definitely off to relax and hit the hay! Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment