Tuesday, June 23, 2009

LOFTS VIRTUAL TOUR AND NEW HOMES

I'm up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep....a rare phenomena for me! I like to sleep in! So, figured I'd spend some time updating things here.

Alison, Kathi and I are in full swing at the Grand Lofts at 25 Concession St. now. We've got the pictures and virtual tour done. We had a professional come in and do them (jury may still be out, but I think I still like my own better! :).

So, take a peek http://www.venturehomes.ca/VirtualTour.asp?TourID=16428

The model at 25 Concession St. is open Sat, Sun, Mon 2-4, and Wed 5-7. Come and check it out! (I'm there tomorrow!)

This morning I'm heading to meet S&T at a model home as they prepare to put a deposit down on a new home. Often buyers go into model homes and feel that the expected process is that you just deal with the agent at the model. One thing to remember is that the agent there is working for the seller/developer not you. There is the odd builder that will give you a better deal if you don't bring your own agent in, but nowadays those builders are rare in KW. The benefit of bringing your own agent in is that although there is very little room to negotiate with new home prices, sometimes there is with upgrades. And having your own agent gives you an objective opinion on the builder you're contemplating, the pros/cons of the floor plan or upgrades you may be choosing. Also, which updates are better done with the builder and which are better done on your own after possession. And generally, having someone with your best interests in mind as you walk thru the process is a real asset. Certainly, if you're considering purchasing new it's still wise to call your own agent (well, me, of course! :).

No comments:

Post a Comment