Wednesday, May 27, 2009

FIT TO SELL

Buyers take 3 things into consideration when viewing a property. Location, Price, and Condition.
Location: you can't change. Either it's acceptable to the buyer or not.
We have control over Price (that's my job) and Condition.

These days home sellers are inundated with information on staging homes. Properly staged homes are proven to sell for more and sell faster than their unstaged counterparts. I can vouch for that! In this market the properties that are selling...often with multiple offers, are the ones that buyers can imagine moving into and not having to do a thing to them.

Take a peek at this listing I had in April. It sold for more than asking price with multiple offers!
http://vt.realbiz360.com/Listing-129446.html

The problem is that often people associate staging with money! The cost of a stager, renting/buying new furniture, repairs, often scare people off.

Re/Max is launching a new program unique to our brokerages. It's called "Fit To Sell" and it's designed to help homeowners prepare their own home for selling. It can be used in conjunction with a home stager.

In the case of many of my sellers, instead of a professional stager, we work together to stage their home appropriately to maximize the speed and price that the property will sell for. Thus far I have not used the professional services of a stager. Although I'm certainly not against it, I often find homeowners want to keep their costs down. So, I work with my clients to get their home ready to sell using furniture they have around the house, or that can be borrowed. I try to make suggestions based on what's appropriate for my clients' budget. And I know what items get the most return and which items you won't. Anyone who knows me knows I like to save money...and helping my clients save money too!

The clips for the Fit To Sell program are available at http://www.remaxtwincity.ca/viewcustompage.php?id=3375

If you're thinking about selling your home, take a peek at the clips. They'll get you thinking about things in a way that will help you begin the process. Then, call me. When I come in to do a market evaluation of your property we'll go through some of the checklists and you can borrow my "Stage Your Own Home" dvd's to get you going.

Time and money spent in prepping a property for sale go a LONG way in ultimately selling your property faster and for more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment