Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall Market

Well, it's been a busy first couple weeks of September. My kids are back in school and I'm still singing that Staples commercial..."it's the most wonderful time of the year...." (there, now you have it in your head too!).

D&A found a lovely home in Kitchener and we spent a few days trying to work out that deal. Amazingly we were able to get the sellers from a 5month close to 2 months (better for my clients) and down $8000 after only being on the market for a few days (better for my clients) and got all the appliances included yet too! Tomorrow we do the home inspection and if all goes well they'll be in their new home before December. Great news.

This morning I spent a bit of time getting some exercise and dropped about 70 flyers into the mailboxes of specific homes in R&S's preferred neighbourhood. I'm hoping to get a few calls from people thinking of selling so we can try and find a great home for R&S.

Last week I was able to attend the Re/Max Twin City Fall kickoff event. Sat thru an inspiring talk from a successful Realtor from Quebec who then encouraged us to attend his next event and sign up for coaching. Once again a reminder for me, that the whole over the top "I'm great" style of being a Realtor is just not me. I don't need to make millions to be successful. If I've chosen happiness, my family is happy, and my clients are happy than that's all the success I need. There's my 2 cents! Venting my little beef with so many of the programs out there that help Realtors.

Still getting L's place ready to list. I think there was more work to be done than time so after she called out for some help I've enlisted a few helpers to go in and get the painting done, trim up, doors rehung and hopefully ready to go for the weekend. Staging really is important. So, the more we can get done the better the place will look and hopefully the faster I can sell it for her!

This afternoon I'm off to a listing presentation. A few weeks back I took some clients thru a home in kitchener that was listed on a private sale site. There are a number of agents in town which target these private sales in hopes of getting the listing. I laughed when I saw the 1/2 a dozen or so magnets she had on the fridge from some of the 30-40 agents that had contacted her about listing! I am not one of those agents, and I think that's why she has called me to do a listing presentation for her. She's thinking of putting it on MLS since she has not been able to sell it privately. So, off to her place this afternoon to explain how I'm different.

A quick thanks to a few of you who have recently told me that you've passed my name along to someone you know who's thinking of buying or selling! Thanks so much for getting the word out there for me! Referrals really are the best compliment!

Off to do some stats for the presentation. And get cleaned up after this mornings' wet walk with flyers! Fun stuff! :)

Thx for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment