Monday, June 4, 2012

Long Lost Blogger

Well,  you know the spring market has been booming when it takes me a month and a half to check in to my blog for another post!  This spring has been a busy one.  We're seeing a lot of activity, multiple offers on properties, and properties in the lower price ranges moving quickly.   That's been awesome for some of my sellers and a little tougher for a couple of my buyers.  Securing a property can sometimes take a couple of tries.

This spring I also ran into a few "for sale by owners" or "discount brokerages".  I don't believe in avoiding these types of properties for my buyers.....if it's the right house for my buyers I'm happy to figure out a way to work something out.  It is however, important for them to understand that there is increased risk with these properties.  These "listings" are not agent verified so the information is not always accurate.  When working on a deal these sellers are getting advice on the paperwork from lawyers, but not on HOW do do the paperwork.  And it's important to factor in that commissions are not always being offered by the sellers, thus that comes out of the buyer's pocket which they may not have been expecting.

One story I had heard last year of buyers in the KW area (NOT working with a REALTOR) but an offer on a property with a couple whom they had assumed were the sellers.  Turns out they put down a deposit and never heard from them again.  They were the tenants who had decided to put out a "for sale by owner" sign and see what they could get out of some unsuspecting buyers.  Some think there are "deals" to be had with these types of properties, but the reality is they are often at higher prices and with increased risk.


Here's a great shot of a listing I've got at 80-42 Green Valley.  It's a condo with low fees in a great complex that is only for single families. Listed for $234,900 MLS and is a desirable end unit with extra windows and incredible natural light throughout.  Call me for more information!

This spring I have the honour of congratulating T&P on their sale and purchase of a great home just steps away from their workplaces.  I found K a lovely little semi in the exact neighbourhood she had been hoping for and won it for her competing against 2 other offers.  I found S a great semi as well and we were able to get into it on day 1 and scoop it up before anyone else could. S&R met me at an open house and liked my style so they called me up to list their home and find a new place.  They've been a joy to work with and get to know and their place sold firm in 10 days for more than they thought they'd be able to get after I convinced them to push the price higher! It was a long haul for A&C but we secured a great home for them in a new neighbourhood and will be a perfect home for their family.

If you know someone thinking to sell or buy tell them to give me a call! I've got potential listings coming up in Forest Hill, Westmount, Lexington, University Downs, and Westvale.  And buyers looking for properties in the under $240,000ish range, or under $280,000ish range but with loads of potential (don't mind a lot of work!), also buyers looking for a 4 bedroom in Waterloo around $450,000ish or around the $600,000ish mark.

And the big news of the spring is that my husband and I found our dream house! Yep, come August we'll be leaving our current neighbourhood, which we LOVE and have lived in for almost 14 years, to move to a neighbourhood a little closer to our church and in a home better suited to our growing family.  We're getting excited and starting to plan a few renovations and getting organized for the move.  Lots of work, but will be worth it! :)

Here's a picture of the gorgeous fireplace I can't wait to enjoy:

We fell in love with the barnboard mantle and the way they've put seating around the fireplace.  Can't wait to entertain in this space!

I'll finish up with a recent reference from clients....."Krista Jonker was a very professional but personal agent to work with from the beginning to the end of our selling and buying experience. She was very clear with the whole process of delivering an offer, to the paperwork and details that needed to be looked at when a deal had been made, and was always prompt with answers to the many questions (and there were many) that we had along the way. Her personality and pleasant manner made it easy to talk and develop a rapport with her over our many meetings and emails. Krista has made this buying and selling experience a very positive experience, and we would recommend her to any friends or family that were looking to sell or buy."
T&P - Kitchener



Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog very much. I always read your informative blog post. I want to add some real estate project information with the help of your blog please click hear Mapsko Mountville.

    ReplyDelete