Tuesday, May 24, 2011

April Stats and Spring Update aka....RAIN!


April KW Stats-click here

Spring has been anything but sunny for most of us. April showers seems to have just brought May showers! The spring market got off to a bit of a slower start, largely due to the rain, Federal election, and yes, even William and Kate seemed to distract buyers and sellers.

Although the market has been a tad slower it's still plugging along and certainly I've been busy with market evaluations, listing, and buyers looking for their next property. L&D purchased their first home and looking forward to moving their company out of the city. C&R moved into their new home this month and are enjoying being together as a famiy again after a tranfer to our city. Uptown Waterloo has been anything BUT slow and with a carefully thought out strategy using pricing, timing, an open house and advertising I was able to sell my listing in Uptown Waterloo for over list price with multiple offers. Many a buyer are disappointed they missed out on that cutie of a house!


A couple of conversations this weekend (one out on the deck enjoying the sun we finally had!!!) made me aware of the need to put out a few reminders to everyone.
First, Grading. Proper grading is the number one thing you can do to your properties to avoid water problems. Each spring get some top soil and put it around the perimiter of your home to ensure you have a grade that will take water away from your foundation. Clean out your eaves and downspouts, making sure they are extended away from the foundation of your home. These things alone can help you avoid a wet basement. If the water stays close to your foundation it's only a matter of time before it finds a place to seep in. No foundation is without cracks and even the smallest of crack can become a problem if the water is heading in that direction. A dear friend said, "you should put that on your blog"! So, here it is! :)

The next thing I wanted to remind people is that if you're thinking of moving call me sooner rather than later! Don't worry about bothering me when you're not quite ready! All too often people wait, not realizing there are many things that I can help with that will make things easier later in the process. It may be that you need a market evaluatioin so you have an accurate idea of what your home may be worth. Sometimes I can help you make the right renovation choices months beforehand which may help you make the best choices for resale. And sometimes it's a matter of making sure all your ducks in order so you'll be ready. Let me help with those ducks. I order them all the time! It's my job. It's never to early or a waste of time to meet with me to discuss your future plans.

Thanks to A&T, D&B, and H&M for the great referrals this Spring! I certainly appreciate you trusing me to refer to your friends!

If you or someone you know have any real estate needs, please don't hesitate to contact me!
Thanks!
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment