Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Update

It's been a busy fall.....as evident by the few blog postings of late! :)



This fall I've had the pleasure of seeing a number of clients move into their new homes. Last week I was able to catch a quick visit with T&H to see them all settled in their new digs after a busy summer of moving and getting married! I have such great clients that they even think of me while honeymooning! H&T took this pic for me while on their European Honeymoon. Maybe you'll see the 3 of us on House Hunters International one day! lol






September Stats came in and things heated up from the summer months and the market in KW continues to look like it will be strong and balanced for the 4th quarter.
http://www.kwreb.on.ca/k-w-home-sales-wake-from-summer-slumber/
As part of keeping my real estate licence, we as Realtors are expected to keep up with our education and take courses each year. Some of the courses I took part of this fall included ones on Heritage homes in KW and Surveys. We had speakers from both the city of Waterloo and the city of Kitchener speak about some of the areas that have heritage status and some of those areas and specific homes that are on a list of properties that may be added to the list in the future. If a property has a heritage designation there may be restrictions as to what can be done to that property. ie. an owner may not be able to demolish an existing structure. Valuable information for a homeowner to know about a property they may be considering purchasing.
As many of you may have been following the news, the Canadian Real Estate Association has come to an agreement with the Competition Bureau in regards to what is being referred to as "mere postings". My next blog posting will discuss this a little further and give you some of my thoughts on the matter as I know a few of you have emailed or asked me about how this will effect my business.
In closing, congrats to B&S, N&E, Z&C, R&H, and T&I, just some of the awesome couples I've had the pleasure of working with this fall! Thanks for putting your trust in me to help you with your property sales and/or purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment